An oxtail came to my home suddenly at night on 21. It was my first time to see one. “What shall I do?” My mother happened to be supposed to come for dinner next night. So I tried to cook it. This is a report on the cooking.
Oxtail Stew Recipe
An oxtail (about 1kg)
1 onion chopped
1 or 2 carrots chopped
1 of celery chopped
2 pieces of 1 garlic clove chopped
1 can of tomatoes
1 cup (200cc) of red wine
2 cups of stock
3 cups of water
bouquet garni, salt, pepper
1. Separate the oxtail at joints
2. Boiled the oxtail lightly and rinsed them with water.
3. Sear the oxtail in the fry pan.
4. In a separate pan, heat water and add the oxtail and the vegetables. Bring to simmer skimming off the scum that rises to the surface of the cooking water.
5. Add stock, red wine and bouquet garni, and cook without cover for 3 to 4 hours skimming off. Add salt and pepper, and remove bouquet garni.
What a cook I am! That was wonderful!