The fourth lesson (The first one: http://moshimoshimo.spaces.live.com/blog/cons!1D0F2197A6F55843!2040.entry , the second one: http://moshimoshimo.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!1D0F2197A6F55843!2071.entry , and the third one: http://moshimoshimo.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!1D0F2197A6F55843!2081.entry ) at Natural Remedies in the university was about meditation.
The textbook says, “In our hectic lives of work, play and more work, it becomes increasingly harder to relax. The key to inner place and harmony, some say, is to learn how to focus. to mediate, sit comfortably, a quiet place is preferable, but not required. Closed your eyes and breathe deeply, allowing your heart and breathing to slow. Use a word or phrase that can be repeated to yourself: a mantra.”
Yeah, we are certainly busy making ends meet. I learned some ways of breathing and meditation in the class. I’d like to introduce them here. But I can’t do completely unfortunately because I don’t have enough material for it. So, if you find something wrong or/and more, let me know. Thanks!
★Sufi Mother’s Breath
1. Exhale with a sigh to reset the diaphragm.
2. Breathe in through your nose for a slow count of 7.
3. Hold your breath for a moment.
4. Breathe out through your nose for a count of 7.
5. Hold your breath for a moment.
6. Repeat several times.
I breathe easily knowing that I am safe and secure.
○Clean the inner organs
★Bhastrika Bellows Breath
1. In a standing position, feet shoulder width apart.
2. Arms held straight in front, bring your palms up to chest height
pressing against each one, with your shoulders down, away from
3. Practicing the Bellows Breath opens the chest presenting a sense
of wellbeing and providing a sense of satisfaction and fulfillment.
4. Use this breath to also relieve tension in the spine.
I open myself completely to the fullness of life.
1. Relax; close your eyes.
2. Exhale completely. Inhale slowly and deeply through the nose.
Allow your stomach to expand like a balloon.
3. Sip in the breath, filling the chest and lungs.
4. Hold the breath, exhale slowly through the nose, squeezing
out all the state air.
5. If you wish, add the element of counting inhale for a count of 5,
hold the breath for 15, and exhale for a count of 10.
6. Repeat 5 times.
I drink deeply from the well of life.
○Increase energy levels
★Alternate Nostril Breath
1. Sit comfortably placing the middle finger of your right hand on
your forehead, your thumb resting on your right nostril.
2. Your ring and pinky finger (if necessary) rests on your left nostril.
3. Inhale and exhale. Close right nostril using thumb and inhale
through left nostril for 3-5 seconds. Lift thumb and close left
nostril with ring finger while now exhaling through right nostril
for 3-5 seconds.
4. Keeping fingers in same location, inhale through right nostril for
3-5 seconds. Lift ring finger and close right nostril with thumb
while now exhaling through left nostril 3-5 seconds.
5. This completes one round of alternate nostril breath or Anulom
6. Continue for 4 more rounds.
I am balanced calm and serene.
○Increase energy levels
○Stilling on mind
I couldn’t find how to breathe and even the name. But I found an
interesting comment in a blog on it instead.
My spirit is filled with power, love, and wisdom.