Yesterday I went to a small concert with an afternoon tea party with my family and some friends. It was held at Yama-no-hall in Nisshin. There is a tea company named M&P’S TEA in Nagoya and they sometimes have concerts and tea parties. You can enjoy the music and after the concert you can taste many different kinds of tea and delicious their handmade cucumber sandwiches, scones and other sweets. I often join in their Tea Concert.
This times’ music was songs by a mezzo-soprano singer accompanied with a piano. That was a kind of classical and opera music as follows:
1. Lascia chio pianga (Let me weep) by George Frederic Handel
2. Voi che sapete che cosa e amor (You ladies who know what love is, see if I have it in my heart) from The Marriage of Figaro by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
3. Songs my mother taught me by Antonin Leopold Dvorak
4. Habanera from the opera Carmen by Georges Bizet
5. La novia (The wedding) by Joaquin Prieto
6. Widmung (Dedication) by Robert Schumann
7. Ave Maria by Franz Shubert
8. Hatsukoi (My first love) by Tatsunosuke Koshitani
9. Fine day we shall see from Madam Butterfly by Giacomo Puccini
10. Memory by the musical Cats by Andrew Lloyd Webber
11. Con te partiro (Time to say goodye) by Francesco Sartori
12. Drinking Song by the opera La traviata (The woman who strayed) by Giuseppe Verdi
13. Do not stand at my grave and weep by Man Arai
The singer’s voice was very nice and strong and I enjoyed her songs. After the concert, I had my favorite Paul’s cucumber sandwiches and Rie-san’s homemade cakes. All of them were great! And I met many people and enjoyed talking with them. I had a really good time!